Mother Jerome Schmitt Library
Our library isn’t quiet (and we think Mother Jerome would approve).
Named for the first president of Mount Marty College, the Mother Jerome Schmitt Library is the hub of academic life on the Yankton campus
It’s where you’ll study for days at a time with your roommates, leaving only to go to the bathroom or to make a pizza run. It’s where you’ll form discussion groups, work on your research project, and ponder answers to questions like “What is the fundamental problem facing humanity?”
It’s also where you’ll find the resources and support you need to help ensure your academic success. Reach us at (605) 668-1555 or firstname.lastname@example.org during fall and spring semester regular hours:
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. - 10 p.m.
(Holiday hours will be posted in the library).
We can help with:
- Conference/Study Rooms. Choose from three conference/study rooms for your small group discussions.
- Online Catalog Searches. Our online catalog will help you search for books and materials in the library as well as other libraries in South Dakota. At Mother Jerome Schmitt alone, we have over 75,000 volumes of books and more than 300 current journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Reference Services. We’ll help you use the online catalog and all of our indexes, online databases, and reference books.
- Interlibrary Loans. Get materials from other libraries through interlibrary loan with our online book/AV request form or periodical request form.
- Audiovisuals. Check out DVDS, slides, CDs, and art prints.
- Copies. Make all of your copies for $.10 per copy.
- Fax Service. Faxes can be sent and received in the library for a small fee.